There is one lunchbox snack that I have been digging lately and that is bliss bites (or if you prefer bliss balls, energy balls or snack balls). And these nut free Apple Pie Bliss Bites are no exception. They are the first thing that Mr 7 will go for in his lunchbox. And do you know what? That really is not a problem. And I will tell you why.
Even though these bliss balls are naturally sweetened with fruit, they are not so great for teeth. Often dried fruit is stickier and stays on our teeth which provides opportunity for cavities to develop.
So encouraging kids to actually eat their Apple Pie Bliss Balls first is actually a great thing from a tooth perspective. What I like to do is make sure there are crunchy vegetables packed in the lunchbox which will help clean Mr 7’s teeth…that is, if he actually decides to eat them. The veggies that is, not the bliss balls!
The bliss balls are just full of flavour and are naturally sweetened with fruit with no added sugars. These nut free Apple Pie Bliss Bites are great for school lunchboxes from an allergy awareness perspective.
These Apple Pie Bliss Bites also so easy to make and I love to make these with the kids as a no fuss quick recipe.Print
These Nut Free Apple Pie Bliss Bites are so good. Packed with flavour and a favourite for lunchboxes.
- 1 large diced apple
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup desiccated coconut plus extra for rolling
- 6 medjool dates
- 50g dried apple
- 25g sultanas
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Add all the ingredients into a food processor with the s-blade attachment.
- Process on high for around three minutes or until well combined and the ingredients are chopped finely.
- Scoop a tablespoon of the mixture and roll to make a ball in between your hands.
- Roll the ball lightly in the coconut to coat then roll again in your hands so that the coconut sticks to the ball. Repeat until all the mixture is used.
- Store the bliss balls in the fridge in an airtight container.
These bliss balls can be frozen.
You do not need to peel the apples unless that is your preference.