What can I tell you about these Apple Zucchini Muffins? I am super happy with this recipe. Light – tick. Bit of sneaky veg – tick. No added sugar – tick. And they taste – AMAZE.
I really love using zucchini in baking. And it’s fabulous in these Apple Zucchini Muffins. It’s barely perceptible and adds a gorgeous moistness to baking. I have mentioned before I am a little on the fence about hiding veggies. And while I love to add veg to baking my kids know about it. But each to their own.
Like a lot of my recent recipes these Apple Zucchini Muffins are sweetened only with fruit and have no added sugar. These muffins are not overly sweet and they are so soft so they would be perfect for baby led weaning or a toddler snack. They are also just perfect for lunchboxes.
I also love these Apple Zucchini Muffins for my breakfast as a nourishing start to the day. They are perfect for me to just grab and go as I am often running for my train and don’t have time to eat breakfast at home.Print
These Apple Zucchini Muffins with No Added Sugar are a must make for school lunches or a nourishing breakfast. They are light and delicious with a subtle sweet flavour.
- 100g (1 medium) mashed banana
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 200g (around 1 1/2 medium sized apples) grated apple (see note)
- 100g (1 small) grated zucchini (see note)
- 1 1/2 cup wholemeal self raising flour
- Preheat your oven to 170c and prepare a muffin tin
- In a bowl whisk together the banana, eggs, oil, yogurt, vanilla extract and cinnamon
- Stir in the apple and zucchini then carefully fold in the flour, taking care not to over-mix
- Cook at 175c for around 15 minutes or until lightly golden and a skewer inserted comes out clean
- Cool slightly in the tin before transferring onto a wire baking rack
These Apple Zucchini Muffins freeze well. After baking, cool completely then transfer into a ziplock bag and freeze for two – three months.
Squeeze excess liquid out of your apple and zucchini by grating them onto a clean dry tea towel and then roll up the tea towel tightly and squeeze over the sink until as much liquid is removed as possible.
Keywords: muffins; breakfast muffins; no added sugar muffins; apple zucchini muffins