What can I tell you about these Apple Zucchini Muffins? I am super happy with this recipe. Light – tick. Bit of sneaky veg – tick. No added sugar – tick. And they taste – AMAZE.
I really love using zucchini in baking. And it’s fabulous in these Apple Zucchini Muffins. It’s barely perceptible and adds a gorgeous moistness to baking. I have mentioned before I am a little on the fence about hiding veggies. And while I love to add veg to baking my kids know about it. But each to their own.
Like a lot of my recent recipes these Apple Zucchini Muffins are sweetened only with fruit and have no added sugar. These muffins are not overly sweet and they are so soft so they would be perfect for baby led weaning or a toddler snack. They are also just perfect for lunchboxes.
I also love these Apple Zucchini Muffins for my breakfast as a nourishing start to the day. They are perfect for me to just grab and go as I am often running for my train and don’t have time to eat breakfast at home.Print
These Apple Zucchini Muffins with No Added Sugar are a must make for school lunches. They are light and delicious.
- 100g mashed banana
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 200g grated apple (see note)
- 100g grated zucchini (see note)
- 1 1/2 cup self raising flour
- Preheat your oven to 170c and prepare a muffin tin
- In a bowl whisk together the banana, eggs, oil, yogurt, vanilla extract and cinnamon
- Stir in the apple and zucchini then carefully fold in the flour, taking care not to over-mix
- Cook at 170c for around 15 minutes or until lightly golden and a skewer inserted comes out clean
- Cool slightly in the tin before transferring onto a wire baking rack
These Apple Zucchini Muffins freeze well. After baking, cool completely then transfer into a ziplock bag and freeze for two – three months.
If your apples and zucchini are particularly juicy squeeze excess liquid out by grate the apple and zucchini onto a clean dry tea towel and then roll tightly and squeeze over the sink until as much liquid is removed as possible.