These Apple Zucchini Muffins with No Added Sugar are a must make for school lunches. They are light and delicious.
- 100g mashed banana
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 200g grated apple (see note)
- 100g grated zucchini (see note)
- 1 1/2 cup self raising flour
- Preheat your oven to 170c and prepare a muffin tin
- In a bowl whisk together the banana, eggs, oil, yogurt, vanilla extract and cinnamon
- Stir in the apple and zucchini then carefully fold in the flour, taking care not to over-mix
- Cook at 170c for around 15 minutes or until lightly golden and a skewer inserted comes out clean
- Cool slightly in the tin before transferring onto a wire baking rack
These Apple Zucchini Muffins freeze well. After baking, cool completely then transfer into a ziplock bag and freeze for two – three months.
If your apples and zucchini are particularly juicy squeeze excess liquid out by grate the apple and zucchini onto a clean dry tea towel and then roll tightly and squeeze over the sink until as much liquid is removed as possible.