These Apple Zucchini Muffins with No Added Sugar are a must make for school lunches or a nourishing breakfast. They are light and delicious with a subtle sweet flavour.
- 100g (1 medium) mashed banana
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 200g (around 1 1/2 medium sized apples) grated apple (see note)
- 100g (1 small) grated zucchini (see note)
- 1 1/2 cup wholemeal self raising flour
- Preheat your oven to 170c and prepare a muffin tin
- In a bowl whisk together the banana, eggs, oil, yogurt, vanilla extract and cinnamon
- Stir in the apple and zucchini then carefully fold in the flour, taking care not to over-mix
- Cook at 175c for around 15 minutes or until lightly golden and a skewer inserted comes out clean
- Cool slightly in the tin before transferring onto a wire baking rack
These Apple Zucchini Muffins freeze well. After baking, cool completely then transfer into a ziplock bag and freeze for two – three months.
Squeeze excess liquid out of your apple and zucchini by grating them onto a clean dry tea towel and then roll up the tea towel tightly and squeeze over the sink until as much liquid is removed as possible.
Keywords: muffins; breakfast muffins; no added sugar muffins; apple zucchini muffins