We are deep on a frittata bandwagon at the moment. One of my absolute favourite combinations of the moment is this Pea Feta and Mint Frittata made bite sized in a mini muffin tin. They are quick and delicious to make. And they happen to be perfect for breakfast lunch or dinner, or even as a protein packed savoury snack or main in the lunchbox.
Making frittata in a muffin tin has to be one of my best hacks for a quick and simple breakfast, lunch or dinner. Miss 4 particularly loves frittata and we have fun with lots of different flavour combinations. And this Pea Feta and Mint Frittata is a flavour combination worth trying.
This frittata recipe is so simple to make, it uses four readily available ingredients, eggs, peas, mint and feta. Miss 4 particularly loves to help make frittata and it is such a simple recipe for kids to help with given the limited ingredients and easy steps to create a delicious frittata.
While this Pea Feta and Mint Mini Muffin Tin Frittata are bite sized they are absolutely bursting with flavour. I love the sweetness from the peas in contrast with the saltiness of the feta. The texture of these frittatas are soft with a slight sponginess. Which may sound weird. But don’t let it fool you, they are yum.
You can easily whip this up for breakfast as they cook super quickly. Often I whip up a batch of these Pea Feta and Mint Frittata quickly in the morning. I have half for my breakfast and then pop the other half in the kid’s lunchboxes for a delicious, protein packed savoury snack. Their bite size makes this Pea Feta and Mint Frittata recipe perfect for baby led weaning.
You will need:
This recipe uses only 4 simple fresh ingredients, excluding the optional seasoning. You will find the full recipe information and quantities in the recipe card.
- Eggs – I use large free range eggs as standard in my recipes.
- Peas – I tend to use frozen baby peas. I do not defrost them before baking the frittatas. You could use fresh if you had these on hand.
- Feta – I use creamy danish feta for these Pea Feta and Mint Mini Muffin Tin Frittatas. You may wish to substitute for goats cheese, parmesan or cheddar but I prefer the saltiness if the feta in this recipe.
- Mint – I use fresh garden mint. You do not need to use if you do not have this to hand but it adds a delicious flavour to the frittatas and is the perfect herb to use with peas.
To Make the Pea Feta and Mint Frittatas
Preheat your oven and grease a 12 capacity mini muffin tin. I recommend using a silicone muffin tin if possible so the cooked Pea Feta and Mint Frittatas are easy to remove. Otherwise ensure the muffin tin is thoroughly greased to avoid the mixture sticking.
In a small jug whisk together the eggs, as smooth as you can to make it easier to distribute the egg mixture in the mini muffin tin.
In your prepared muffin tin, distribute the peas, feta and mint in between the muffin cups and, if desired, season if desired with salt and pepper. You may wish to skip the seasoning if serving to babies and young children.
Cook the frittata in the oven for around 14 minutes until set. Cool in the muffin tin for a couple of minutes then remove and enjoy while still warm. You can eat these cold however they are at their very best still warm from the oven. You may also notice that the flatten when they cool and this is normal.
Looking for more quick and easy savoury dishes?
- This vegetarian Zucchini Pea and Ricotta Slice is a quick and delicious dinner and any leftovers are fantastic for school lunches.
- Made with pumpkin, feta and red onion these Pumpkin Fritters are full of flavour and great for lunch or dinner.
- If you love frittata you will also love these Three Muffin Tin Frittata combinations, perfect for breakfast lunch or dinner.
- Who can resist Macaroni and Cheese? And this comforting version with added Zucchini is a generously sized dish perfect for quick and simple weeknight meal.
This Pea Feta and Mint Frittata is absolutely bursting with flavour. The sweetness from the peas contrasts beautifully with the saltiness of the feta. This frittata recipe is great for breakfast, lunch or dinner, and being made in a muffin tin is perfectly portioned for little fingers or lunchboxes.
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- 30g feta
- 1 tbsp finely chopped mint
- salt and pepper to season (optional)
- Pre-heat your oven to 185c and grease a 12 capacity non stick mini muffin tin, a silicone muffin tray is preferable to avoid the frittata sticking.
- In a jug whisk together the eggs until well combined
- In the muffin tin, distribute the pea, feta and mint evenly between the cases.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly between the cases and season if desired
- Bake for around 14 minutes or until the egg has cooked through.
Keywords: Frittata; Breakfast Frittata; Baby Led Weaning Frittata; Pea Frittata; Pea Feta Mint Frittata; Muffin Tin Frittata; Vegetarian Frittata
I hope you enjoy these bite sized Pea Feta and Mint Frittata made quickly in a mini muffin tin. Remember if you love them please rate them. Also don’t forget to share your pictures of you and your kids making my recipes or the finished goodies with me on Instagram or Facebook, I love to connect with you!