By now you should know how much I love a good home made cracker. They are seriously delicious. And these Parmesan and Rosemary Crackers are no exception. They are light, crisp and packed full of flavour. And they are Mr 6 and Mr 2’s favourite home made cracker so far.
I have been meaning to test these Parmesan and Rosemary Crackers for a while. We had this beautiful but rather overgrown rosemary bush in our garden for as long as I can remember. We brought it with us from our old house and replanted it. When I say ‘we’ I mean my husband. And he planted it in a position that really was not thought out that well. Because it was so healthy and burgeoning I took a cutting from it and planted it in a better position with the view to moving the original bush. In the meantime we had more kids, and got too busy to really pay attention to the garden and it was all but ignored.
But the original rosemary bush kept growing and growing and the new bush grew too. Fast forward to about a month ago and we decided to remove all the plants from what remained of the ‘garden’ (ie two rosemary bushes, one oregano plant and one thyme plant, along with lots of dead plants and thriving weeds) and transplant the herbs into pots, with the exception of the larger bush that we just did not have room for.
The plant has not enjoyed the move. It is starting to come back, but it’s pretty straggly looking. Poor thing. So the the irony of having to buy some rosemary is not lost on me. But these home made crackers are worth it. Crisp, flavoursome and really easy with the help of a food processor. You will love these crackers!
Parmesan and Rosemary Crackers
Yield 100 crackers
These delicious Parmesan and Rosemary Crackers are crisp and delicious and packed with flavour. Freezer friendly and lunchbox friendly add these home made crackers to your baking list!
- 2 cups of wholemeal flour
- 100g butter
- 1/2 cup firmly packed extra sharp parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- freshly cracked pepper
- Preheat your oven to 180c
- In a food processor with the s-blade attachment fitted, add all of the ingredients and process to combine for around 2 minutes until the mix becomes a bread crumb consistency and the butter has blended through
- Slowly pulse through around 40-50 ml of cold water until the mixture comes together and balls around the blade
- Turn the mixture out onto baking paper and halve the mixture
- Roll out each half separately in a large rectangle onto a sheet of baking paper. The dough should be rolled to around 0.25cm thick
- Cut into squares using a pizza cutter for easy cutting or a sharp knife then place in the fridge for around 20 minutes to chill
- Once chilled bake the crackers for around 8-10 minutes until lightly golden
- Transfer the cooked crackers onto a baking rack to cool before storing in an airtight container or in a ziplock bag the freezer
Do you love home made crackers? Me too – why not make some of my other recipes like these Sour Cream and Chives Crackers or these allergy friendly nut, dairy and egg free Seedy Wholemeal Crackers. As always, I would love to see your goodies if you bake these! Take a pic and share to Instagram tagging me @goodiegoodielunchbox or share with me on Facebook.
The following nutrition information is an estimate only.