Do your kids love to dip? One of my kids especially will pretty much eat any dip and try anything with a dipper. The other two not so much. But not to worry – the more for us! I love a dipper. They are great with veggie sticks or crackers. And this Honey Roasted Carrot Hummus is sooo good. Packed with flavour and goodness it’s a yummy inclusion to the lunchbox or for snacks at home.
This Honey Roasted Carrot Hummus is also super easy to make too. Once the carrots are roasted it’s as simple as popping everything in a food processor and whizzing it up. It also stores well for around three days in the fridge.
Roasting the Carrots
To roast these carrots, preheat your oven to 200c and line a baking tray with baking paper. Clean the carrots thoroughly and peel if they are require. Cut the carrots in half lengthways and place on the prepared baking tray and drizzle with the honey and oil. Bake at around 200c for 20 minutes turning half way through. I cool the carrots before getting ready to whizz together everything for the Carrot Hummus.
I love this Honey Roasted Carrot Hummus most often served with veggie sticks and crackers (try these Seedy Wholemeal Crackers which are also dairy and egg free so perfect for allergies) as my go to. You could also serve this hummus on wraps or sandwiches. I also really enjoy this Honey Roasted Carrot Hummus on toast with fresh tomatoes. Such a great start to the day. This would also be amazing served with roasted lamb.Print
This delicious nut and dairy free Honey Roasted Carrot Hummus is perfect for school or Mum lunches. Quick and simple to prepare.
- a bunch of dutch carrots (around 5 carrots)
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200g drained chickpeas
- 1/3 cup tahini
- zest and juice 1/2 large lemon
- 2 garlic cloves
- Preheat your oven to 200c and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Clean the carrots and slice in half lengthways and arrange on the tray
- Drizzle with honey and 1 tbsp of the oil and bake for around 20 minutes turning the carrots once halfway through cooking. Set aside to cool.
- In a food processor with the S blade attached process together all of the ingredients with 1/3 cup of water and blend the hummus until smooth – around 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from processor and put into a serving bowl or storage container.
- To serve top with desired toppings such as more roasted carrots, pinenuts, paprika or lemon thyme and drizzle with a little more oil (optional)
As this recipe contains honey it is not suitable for children under the age of one. If you are making this for a younger child, omit the honey.
Keywords: hummus; hommus; carrot hummus; vegetarian dip; dairy free dip
I hope that you enjoy this Honey Roasted Carrot Hummus Recipe, remember if you make my recipes to please share your pictures with me on Instagram or Facebook. I would love to see them!