This delicious nut and dairy free Honey Roasted Carrot Hummus is perfect for school or Mum lunches. Quick and simple to prepare.
- a bunch of dutch carrots (around 5 carrots)
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200g drained chickpeas
- 1/3 cup tahini
- zest and juice 1/2 large lemon
- 2 garlic cloves
- Preheat your oven to 200c and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Clean the carrots and slice in half lengthways and arrange on the tray
- Drizzle with honey and 1 tbsp of the oil and bake for around 20 minutes turning the carrots once halfway through cooking. Set aside to cool.
- In a food processor with the S blade attached process together all of the ingredients with 1/3 cup of water and blend the hummus until smooth – around 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from processor and put into a serving bowl or storage container.
- To serve top with desired toppings such as more roasted carrots, pinenuts, paprika or lemon thyme and drizzle with a little more oil (optional)
As this recipe contains honey it is not suitable for children under the age of one. If you are making this for a younger child, omit the honey.
Keywords: hummus; hommus; carrot hummus; vegetarian dip; dairy free dip