kid approved cheese and carrot mini muffins - perfect for school lunches

Kid-Approved Cheese and Carrot Mini-Muffins

If there is one thing that tells me I have nailed a recipe it’s my kids, and hubby for that matter, coming back for more. And these Cheese and Carrot Mini-Muffins just happen to be one of these recipes. Total hit (lucky they’re mini size right?!)

Well actually, I should say they were mostly a total hit. 4 out of 5 of us really loved them. So 80% of us. And the other 20% doesn’t know what he is missing (looking at you picky pants Mr 7). So I am taking it as a win.

kid approved cheese and carrot mini muffins - perfect for school lunches

These Cheese and Carrot Mini Muffins are absolutely bursting with cheese. In fact I very nearly called them Cheese Puffs. But traditionalism won at the end of the day so Cheese and Carrot Mini-Muffins it is. They are SUPER light, they literally melt in your melt when still warm from the oven. #personallyverified #mayhaveburntmytongue

kid approved cheese and carrot mini muffins - perfect for school lunches

I would like to serve these Cheese and Carrot Mini-Muffins instead of a sandwich as a ‘main’ lunchbox item…but given I anticipated some resistance from Mr 7, I deliberately made these in miniature so I can send as a snack instead. Don’t let his reluctance dissuade you though, they would be great in place of a sandwich. You could make these as full size muffins too, though I haven’t tried. You would likely need to cook for around 15-18 minutes and you would get around 15 muffins. If you try the full size let me know! 🙂

These Cheese and Carrot Mini-Muffins are perfect for making ahead and freezing too. After the muffins are cooled, pop the muffins in a large ziplock bag and freeze. You can freeze these for around two or three months.

Do you love cheese? You will love these Easy Homemade Cheese Crackers! Or are you looking for more savoury muffins? You will adore these amazing Roasted Pumpkin and Feta Muffins or these Cheese and Vegetable Lunchbox Muffins.

Print
kid approved cheese and carrot mini muffins - perfect for school lunches

Kid-Approved Cheese and Carrot Mini-Muffins

  • Author: Bernadette

Description

These Kid-Approved Cheese and Carrot Mini-Muffins are a delicious non sandwich school lunch idea. Bursting with cheese, one of these savoury Cheese and Carrot Mini-Muffins is never enough!


Ingredients

1 cup of ricotta
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup olive oil
2 eggs
150g grated carrot
80g grated aged cheddar or tasty cheese
20g grated parmesan
Salt and pepper (optional)
2 cups self raising flour

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 180c and thoroughly grease a mini muffin pan.
2. In a large bowl whisk together the ricotta, milk, oil and eggs.
3. Add in the carrot, cheese and season lightly salt and pepper (if using) and stir through.
4. Add the flour and mix together until just combined, taking care not to over-mix.
5. Spoon into the prepared pan and bake at 180c for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden and a skewer inserted into the middle of the muffin comes out clean.
6. Cool in the pan for around 5 minutes before turning out onto a baking wrack.

Notes

Due to the cheese, I find these muffins stick to the pan a little. To avoid this, it is important to grease your pan well. When you remove the pan from the oven carefully loosen each baked muffin from the side of the muffin tin with a knife which will assist to avoid sticking.

I am sure your kids will love these delicious Cheese and Carrot Mini-Muffins. Remember if you bake these, be sure to tag me on Instagram or post it to my Facebook wall.

Happy baking

Bernadette x

kid approved cheese and carrot mini muffins - perfect for school lunches

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*