The last two weeks have been CRAZY. I have been super busy at work. And on top of this it’s been a busy time at home. I mean, it always is, but things seem more chaotic than normal. So it’s been hard to keep on top of recipe testing this last week. I like to have my blogs planned out a few weeks in advance so I am pretty much testing recipes all the time. But this week it’s been much more of a fly by the seat of my pants week. So I am soooo grateful I remembered these easy Yogurt Dough Pizza Scrolls that we had made a lot in the past but not so much recently!
If you haven’t heard about two ingredient yogurt dough yet I would be entirely surprised. It’s a super easy way to make dough. And it’s really versatile. And one of our family’s favourite ways to enjoy yogurt dough is these Yogurt Dough Pizza Scrolls.
Pizza scrolls are a fun option for the lunchbox instead of a sandwich. The key to making these Yogurt Dough Pizza Scrolls is to have a light hand with the fillings so they stay together when cooking. I also make these on a sheet of baking paper. This will help when rolling the scrolls.
Yogurt Dough Pizza Scrolls
Yield 16 scrolls
These delicious Yogurt Dough Pizza Scrolls are fantastic for school lunches instead of a sandwich.
- 2 cups self raising flour plus 1/2 cup reserved flour
- 2 cups of greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 100g of grated mozzarella cheese
- 20g pepperoni sliced into thin strips
- Dried basil or oregano
- Preheat your oven to 190c and line a baking tray
- In a bowl add 2 cups of flour and the greek yogurt and mix together until a dough forms and smooth into a ball, using some of the reserved flour if required. Continue to use the reserved flour as required when preparing the scrolls
- Turn out the dough onto a piece of baking paper and separate into two equal portions
- Place each portion of yogurt dough on a piece of baking paper and roll the dough into two even rectangles, around 20cm by 30cm
- Lightly spread tomato paste on each rectangle then sprinkle the cheese and sliced pepperoni evenly over the dough
- For each rectangle, roll the dough up evenly from the shortest side to form a log then slice each log into 8 even scrolls
- Slightly squash, sprinkle with the dried herbs and put on the prepared baking tray
- Bake for around 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly and the dough has cooked and is lightly golden
I am sure that your kids would love these Yogurt Dough Pizza Scrolls for school lunches! So round up your kids and get them helping you in the kitchen. If you are looking for other alternatives to sandwiches, check out these great lunchbox ideas Pizza Topped English Muffins, Zucchini Pea and Ricotta Slice or these Cheese & Vegetable Lunchbox Muffins.
I would love to see pics of you making these pizza scrolls, so get social with me, tag me @goodiegoodielunchbox on Insta or head over to my Facebook group and share your lunchboxes with our community!
The following nutrition information is an estimate only.