I’ve modelled these Cashew Cacao and Berry Energy Bites from these pretty amazing bliss balls I’ve been buying from the supermarket. They are so good for my work lunches. And even better for that something sweet to eat after the kids go to bed. And not to mention substantially healthier than the half block of chocolate that I would otherwise eat 😉
But while the supermarket energy balls are delicious, it is just so easy to make your own. And I am just loving these no bake Cashew Cacao and Berry Energy Bites. They are so simple and come together super quickly (and deliciously). Even better though, they are an absolute hit with everyone in the family. And that is nothing short of a miracle.
As much as Mr 7 loves these delicious Cashew Cacao and Berry Energy Bites they won’t be appearing in his lunchbox. This is because our school is nut free, but these make a great snack option for home. I try and offer nut options at home regularly because nuts are high in natural fats and protein which help keep tummies fuller for longer.
We often have plain roasted nuts or peanut butter sandwiches, so I am loving these Cashew Cacao and Berry Energy Bites as another nut filled snack option to give to my kids. These bliss balls are also suitable for vegans or those with a dairy free diet and they are also gluten free too.
These Cashew Cacao and Berry Energy Bites are packed with cashews and are really chocolatey. This is a super simple recipe with only 5 ingredients and it all comes together in no time.
I like to roast my own natural (unsalted) cashews for this recipe. It is so quick to roast nuts and it’s normally much cheaper than buying pre-roasted cashews. I dry roast (no oil) the cashews for 4-5 minutes at 200c and allow to cool slightly before making this recipe.Print
These No Bake Cashew Cacao and Berry Energy Bites are a super simple five ingredient recipe that comes together so quickly. Free from gluten, these vegan bliss balls make a great snack for lunchboxes (if allowed) or a fantastic snack at home.
- 8 medjool dates (100g) pitted
- 75g roasted unsalted cashews
- 50g dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup (20g) cacao powder
- 1/4 cup (20g) desiccated coconut plus extra for rolling
- Add all the ingredients into a food processor with the s-blade attachment.
- Process on high for around three minutes or until well combined and the ingredients are chopped quite finely.
- Scoop a tablespoon of the mixture and roll to make a ball in between your hands. Roll the ball lightly in the coconut to coat then roll again in your hands so that the coconut sticks to the ball. Repeat to make 12 energy bites.
- Store the energy bites in the fridge in an airtight container.
To make the roasted cashews, in a 200c preheated oven dry roast (no oil) for 5 minutes or until golden brown.