This simple Roasted Vegetable and Rocket Salad with Goats Cheese is fantastic for work lunches. The roasted vegetables add a delicious sweetness and compliment the peppery rocket and creamy goats cheese while the pasta makes this a heartier salad to keep you full for longer.
- 1/2 roasted capsicum peeled and cut into strips (see note)
- 1/2 punnet of cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 medium (150g) zucchini sliced
- 1 cup uncooked pasta (I used Penne)
- A handful (20g) of rocket
- 60g goats cheese
- 1/2 lemon
- olive oil
- dried basil
- salt and pepper
- Heat the oven to 200c and roast the capsicum (see note)
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta to the packet instructions and once cooked, drain and set aside to cool
- Prepare the zucchini and tomatoes for roasting and wash the rocket
- When the capsicum has been roasting for around 10 minutes add in the zucchini and tomatoes, spray them lightly with olive oil and season and roast along with the capsicum for a further 10 minutes before setting aside to cool.
- Once the capsicum has cooled, peel the capsicum and cut and assemble with the pasta, the zucchini and tomatoes, rocket and crumble over the goats cheese
- Sprinkle the salad with basil and drizzle over the lemon juice and olive oil. Enjoy!
To roast the capsicum, take a whole capsicum and lay it on some aluminium foil. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper and wrap the capsicum up. Roast at around 200c for around 20 minutes or until the capsicum is soft to touch. When cool you can peel the skin off easily.
Keywords: Salad, Rocket Salad, Roasted Vegetable Salad, Roasted Vegetable and Rocket Salad, Roasted Vegetable and Rocket Salad with Goats Cheese