These delicious Mushroom Spinach Toasties are quick and simple and make a fantastic busy weeknight dinner or nourishing home lunch.
- 8 slices of sour dough
- 1 tbsp butter
- 8 slices of Swiss cheese
- 4 large mushrooms sliced (sautéed or fresh)
- 16 baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 large red onion thinly sliced
- 1 tsp fresh or dried thyme
- cracked black pepper (optional)
- Butter the sourdough and stack in pairs, buttered side in
- Add cheese, mushrooms, spinach, red onion, thyme and pepper
- Toast in toasted sandwich machine for three minutes or until golden and cheese has melted
To sauté the mushrooms, cook in a pan over medium high heat with a little butter for two-three minutes.
Keywords: Toasted Sandwiches, Toasties, Mushroom Spinach Toasted Sandwiches