Chia Pudding is so simple to make. It uses minimal ingredients to create a flavourful chia seed pudding that comes together so quickly into an irresistible pudding. And this gluten, dairy and nut free Chocolate Chia Pudding is protein packed. So it’s the perfect breakfast, snack, lunchbox option or dessert to prep ahead.
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon cacao
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (you can reduce this amount if preferred)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- pinch of salt (optional)
- 1 cup coconut milk (see note)
- In a 250ml capacity jar (or container) add in all the ingredients except the coconut milk and mix well with a spoon until the mixture is combined and forms a thick paste. Take care to ensure the cacao has been completely combined and no dry lumps remain.
- Pour in half the coconut milk and mix well until all well combined then pour in the remainder of the coconut milk and stir again to combine.
- Let the mixture sit for 2 minutes then stir again thoroughly to remove any lumps that may have formed.
- Place the lid on the jar and refrigerate overnight for for a minimum of two hours.
- When ready to eat check the consistency and add a little more coconut milk if you prefer a looser mixture.
- Add any preferred toppings such as berries or bananas and enjoy cold from the fridge.
I use an unsweetened coconut milk from a carton. Coconut milk and cream from cans can taste a little metallic in this recipe.
I tested this recipe with a number of different brands of coconut milk and the thickness of the coconut milk that you use will effect the texture of the pudding. You can adjust the pudding by adding more milk if you prefer a looser pudding.
Keywords: Chia Pudding, Protein Chia Pudding, Chocolate Chia Pudding, Chia Seed Pudding, Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding.