These nut and dairy free Carrot Cake Muffins are perfect for school lunches or snacks. Low in added sugar and packed with flavour these are delicious.
- 1/2 cup low flavour extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup brown sugar firmly packed
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 150g (two medium) carrots peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup soaked sultanas
- 1 1/2 cup quick oats
- 3/4 cup plain wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 175c and a line a baking tray
- In small bowl add in the sultanas and cover with half cup of boiling water and set aside to soak for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl whisk together the oil, sugar, eggs, cinnamon, vanilla and orange zest until well combined.
- Drain the water from the soaked sultanas and stir into the mixture with the grated carrots.
- Mix through the oats, flour and baking powder.
- With wet hands, roll spoonfuls of the mix into balls then flatten them with your hands to form the cookies – the mix will be quite sticky so make sure to keep your hands wet.
- Bake for around 12 – 14 minutes or until the cookie is lightly golden and the mixture bounces back when touched lightly.
Keywords: Cookies; Carrot Cookies; Carrot Cake Cookies