This Walnut, Pea and Chorizo Salad with Brie is a delicious, hearty salad. Pack it in a lunchbox for a delicious nourishing office lunch. This also makes a filling and simple weeknight dinner for the adults.
For the salad
- 1 chorizo sliced thinly
- 100g walnuts
- 100g mixed lettuce leaves
- 100g baby peas
- 100g sliced cucumber
- 50g radishes sliced thinly (around 3)
- 65g (half a round) Brie
- 5g dill
For the dressing
- 1 lemon zest and juice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 5g dill
- 1/2 clove garlic
- salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 200c then roast the walnuts for 4 minutes
- Meanwhile, fry the chorizo until browned over medium heat and set aside to cool
- Layer the cucumber, radish and peas on the lettuce
- Next make the dressing. In a glass jar add in olive oil, dill, lemon juice and zest, garlic and salt and pepper (if desired) and blend with an immersion stick blender until smooth and creamy and the dill has been finely chopped and incorporated.
- If you do not have a stick blender, finely chop the dill before adding with the remaining ingredients into a jar with a lid and shake vigorously for a minute of two to combine.
- Add the chorizo and walnuts and if you are ready to serve, top the salad with the brie, remaining dill fronds and the dressing
Do not dress the salad until you are ready to serve. You can make the dressing ahead of time and store in the fridge until needed.
You can prepare the walnuts and chorizo ahead of time for this salad for an even quicker weeknight meal.
You can use frozen peas. Food safety recommendations state to cook frozen vegetables before serving due to the risk of listeria. To cook, bring a small amount of water to the boil and add the peas. Bring back to the boil and cook for a minute or so. Cool the peas immediately under cold water.
Keywords: Salad; Walnut Pea Chorizo Salad; Walnut Chorizo Salad; Walnut Chorizo Salad with Brie