This Tuna Pasta Salad recipe is a fantastic option for school or work lunches. It is filling and full of flavour. It is also so quick and simple to prepare coming together in 15 minutes.
- 250g pasta shells (or other small pasta of choice)
- 100g cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 avocado (200g) diced
- 1 1/2 spring onions finely sliced
- 185g can tuna in spring water, drained and flaked
- 1 corn cob (150g)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
For the dressing
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- Juice and zest of half a lemon
- 2 teaspoon finely chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and some freshly cracked pepper
- In a medium sized pot prepare your pasta using the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile chop the tomatoes, avocados and spring onions and add into a salad bowl along with the tuna that has been drained and flaked.
- Next make the dressing, in a small bowl mix together the mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, lemon and parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- When the pasta has around three minutes cooking time remaining add in a husked and cleaned corn cob and cook together for the final minutes.
- When the pasta and corn have cooked, drain immediately then rinse under cold water and drain again.
- With a sharp knife cut the kernels from the corn and add into the salad bowl along with the cooked pasta.
- Toss the ingredients to combine then gently stir through the dressing. When evenly combined, sprinkle the salad with parsley (optional) and then season to taste.
Keywords: Tuna Pasta Salad; Creamy Pasta Salad; Tuna Pasta Recipe: Tuna Pasta Salad Recipe.