Sweet, light and moist, these flavour packed Tropical Muffins are seriously good and just gorgeously fragranced. These pineapple passionfruit flavoured muffins freeze really well. It’s a delicious easy one bowl recipe that’s perfect for snacks or lunchboxes.
- 1 small (100g) overripe banana, mashed until smooth
- 1/2 cup pineapple, diced into small rough chunks
- 1/3 cup passionfruit pulp
- 1/2 large orange zest and juice
- 1/2 cup thick greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup self raising flour
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- shredded coconut to top (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 175c and grease a muffin tin thoroughly.
- In a large bowl whisk together the wet ingredients, sugar, cinnamon and fruit until smooth.
- Add in the flour and desiccated coconut into the whisked ingredients and mix until just combined. The mixture will be wet and loose.
- Divide the mixture evenly into the greased muffin tin, sprinkle with shredded coconut (optionally) and bake for around 15 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the muffin comes out clean.
- Stand for 5 minutes then remove from the tin and place on a wire wrack.
I recommend that you do not use muffin tin liners for this recipe. The mixture will stick to the liners. Use a non stick muffin tray and grease it thoroughly.
Keywords: Muffins; Tropical Muffins; Pineapple Muffins; Coconut Pineapple Muffins; Passionfruit Pineapple Muffins