These delicious Tropical Breakfast Bars are sweetened only with fruit. A gorgeously light but filling breakfast or sweet addition to the lunchbox your family will love these dairy, egg and nut free breakfast bars.
- 1 overripe banana
- 2 cups finely diced frozen mango (250g)
- 1 passion fruit
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup self raising wholemeal flour
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 100g coconut oil, melted and cooled slightly
- Preheat the oven to 180c and grease and line a rectangle slice tin 17.5 x 22.5 cm in size
- Melt the coconut oil in the microwave or on the stove top and set aside to cool slightly
- In a large bowl mash the banana thoroughly and then stir until it is smooth
- Mix through the mango and passionfruit and stir to combine
- Add the oats, flour, coconut and cinnamon and mix together before adding the coconut oil and mixing again to combine
- Turn the mixture into the lined slice tin and press the mixture in evenly and firmly over the pan then lightly sprinkle the top with desiccated coconut
- Bake for around 20-25 minutes or until the topping is golden and the top springs back when lightly touched
- Cool completely before slicing into 28 bars
- The coconut oil is mixed in after the other ingredients have been combined as the frozen mango would solidify the coconut oil if this was added directly to the fruit mixture.
- These Tropical Breakfast Bars are freezer friendly. After slicing the bars store layered in a container with baking paper separating the layers.