These delicious Spiced Apple Muffins are perfect for school lunches or a with a cup of coffee for a warm and cozy morning tea. These apple muffins are humming with cinnamon and mixed spice. They are good for you too and are packed with fibre and made with whole wheat flour and oats.
- 3/4 cup (180ml) sour cream
- 1/2 cup (125ml) olive oil
- 1/2 cup (125ml) milk
- 1/3 cup (80ml) maple syrup
- 1/3 cup (70g) brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups (310g) wholemeal flour
- 3/4 cup (80g) rolled oats, plus extra for topping
- 1 1/2 tsp mixed spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 large apples (around 300g), peeled cored and finely diced
- Preheat your oven to 200c (fan forced) and grease and line your muffin tin.
- In a large bowl whisk together the wet ingredients and the brown sugar until well combined.
- Add in the dry ingredients and the apples and carefully stir until just combined, taking care not to over-mix the batter.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin and top with more rolled oats if desired.
- Reduce the oven heat to 180c (fan forced) and bake for around 15 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the muffin comes out clean.
- When baked, stand for 5 minutes before cooling on a wire baking rack.
Preheating the oven to a higher heat of 200c then reducing the oven temperature to 180c will result in muffins with a great crumb while retaining a delicious moist and soft inside.
Keywords: Apple Muffins; Spiced Apple Muffins; Cinnamon Muffins; Apple Oat Muffins