Bursting with flavour and low in added sugar these delicious Seedy Oatmeal Sultana Cookies are packed with the good stuff. Made from oats, pepitas, flaxseed with sultanas, cinnamon and orange zest it’s hard to wait until they’re cool enough to eat.
- 1/2 cup sultanas soaked
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats
- 1/2 cup wholemeal (plain) flour
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 1 tbsp flaxseeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp orange zest
- Preheat your oven to 180c and line a baking tray with baking paper or silicone mat
- Soak the sultanas by placing in a small bowl and covering with boiling water for around 5 minutes. Drain the water from the bowl when you are ready to use.
- In a small bowl mix together the oats, flour, pepitas, flaxseeds, cinnamon and baking powder
- In a larger bowl, whisk together the sugar, oil, egg, vanilla and orange zest
- Add the dry ingredients to the sugar mixture and add the sultanas and stir through until well combined
- Take tablespoon sized amounts of mixture and roll into a ball then flatten and shape into a circle on the prepared tray
- Bake for around 12 – 15 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
Keywords: Oatmeal Sultana Cookies; Oatmeal Raisin Cookies; Oatmeal Cookies; Cookies; Nut Free Cookies