These Roasted Pumpkin and Feta Muffins are deliciously sweet and salty and fantastic for school lunches. Savoury muffins are a great option in the lunchbox instead of a sandwich.
- 1 cup roasted mashed pumpkin (cooled)
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1/2 cup low flavour extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 50g creamy feta (danish variety) crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped spring onions
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups self raising flour
- Preheat your oven to 180c and grease your muffin tin
- Whisk together the pumpkin, ricotta, oil, milk and egg
- Stir through the feta, spring onions, salt and pepper until well combined
- Add the flour and mix through gently until just combined
- Spoon into the prepared muffin tray and bake for around 15 minutes until lightly golden and a skewer inserted comes out clean
- Once baked cool in the tray for around 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire baking tray to cool completely before freezing or enjoy warm from the oven.
1 cup of roasted mashed pumpkin is made from around 500g of raw uncooked pumpkin.