Roasted Pumpkin and Almond Cous Cous Salad is a filling, nutritious salad perfect for work lunches or with a dinner. Easily made vegan, this vegetarian meal is quick and easy and tastes delicious.
- 250g diced pumpkin
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1 cup dry Cous Cous
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/4 red onion wedge thinly sliced
- 2 tsp basil pesto
- Preheat your oven to 200c and line a baking tray with paper
- Rub the oil through the pumpkin and roast along with 1/2 of the clove of garlic (sliced lengthways) for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through
- In the last 3 minutes of roasting add in the almonds, then remove the tray from the oven, remove the garlic clove and set aside to cool slightly
- Boil the required water for the cous cous on the stove top along with the vegetable stock cube and the remaining 1/2 clove of garlic and prepare the cous cous according to the packet instructions then set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl mix all the ingredients together and serve