This filling delicious Roasted Cauliflower and Chorizo Salad is so simple to prepare. It’s hearty enough to be served on its own as a main or as a delicious side. It’s fantastic warm or cold and the perfect salad for when you are asked to bring a dish.
- 1 large head of cauliflower (around 850g) cut into small, bite sized florets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt and freshly cracked pepper
- 2 chorizo sausages (220g) sliced into 50mm (around 1/4 inch) rounds
- a large red onion (200g) sliced into wedges
- 1/2 cup (75g) of whole almonds
- 75g baby spinach leaves washed
- 50g rocket leaves washed
- 2 sticks celery (100g) sliced into half moons
- 1 tbsp dill leaves finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat your oven to 180c and line a large baking tray or oven dish with baking paper.
- Cut the cauliflower into bite sized florets then drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle over the oregano and salt and pepper. Massage the oil and seasoning into the cauliflower with your hands then roast in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice the chorizo and cut the onion into wedges and wash the salad leaves.
- When the cauliflower has roasted for 10 minutes, remove from the oven and add the chorizo evenly over the tray on top of the cauliflower. Return to the oven for 5 minutes.
- After the chorizo has roasted for 5 minutes, add in the red onion wedges and roast for a further 10 minutes. Continue to prepare the salad ingredients. Slice the celery and finely chop the dill. Cut the lemon in half.
- Then add in the almonds to the tray bake and roast for a further 4 minutes.
- When the almonds have finished roasting, remove the tray from the oven and set aside to cool slightly for 5 minutes.
- Arrange the spinach and rocket on a large dish or bowl.
- Add the celery over the roasted ingredients and sprinkle with dill then with tongs arrange on the bed of salad leaves
- Dress with the lemon and season to taste.
It’s helpful to use your oven timer so that you remember to add in the ingredients to be roasted as you go.
Keywords: Roasted Cauliflower Salad; Roasted Cauliflower and Chorizo Salad; Cauliflower Salad; Cauliflower Chorizo Salad; Roasted Salad Recipe; Cauliflower Salad Recipe