This kid-friendly Pumpkin Soup is creamy, thick and delicious. Perfect for lunch or dinner or fabulous for school lunches in an insulated food jar.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion diced finely
- 1kg pumpkin diced into 1–2cm cubes
- 3 medium potatoes diced into 1–2cm cubes
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- In a large soup pot over a medium heat the oil and saute the onions until softened, around 2 or 3 minutes
- Add the garlic, pumpkin, potato and rosemary and saute for a further 5 minutes stirring regularly so that the mix does not catch. You may need to add small amounts of boiling water if required
- Add two cups of stock and two cups of water, season with salt and pepper and bring the soup to the boil
- Once the soup is at boiling point, turn the heat down to low and simmer for around 30 minutes until the potato and pumpkin have cooked through and are starting to fall apart.
- Remove from the heat and cool slightly, for around 5 minutes
- With an immersion blender, blend until the mixture is smooth
If cooking in a thermal cooker, reduce the added water by one cup.
Keywords: pumpkin soup, vegan pumpkin soup, kids soups