A delicious dairy and nut free muffin. To make this recipe you will need mashed roasted pumpkin. I normally roast pumpkin in bulk, mash the mix, separate in to one cup portions and freeze. 1/4 of a large pumpkin will be approximately 3 cups of mashed roasted pumpkin.
- 1 packed cup of roasted mashed pumpkin
- 1 cup of coconut cream
- 1/2 cup of coconut or olive oil
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1/3 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Pepita seeds to top (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180c and grease your muffin tin
- In a large bowl whisk the pumpkin and wet ingredients together. If using coconut oil ensure the ingredients are at room temperature.
- When the wet ingredients are mixed, slowly stir through the dry ingredients until just mixed together. Do not over mix.
- Spoon into your prepared muffin tin and top with pepita seeds if using
- Bake the muffins for around 15 minutes or until lightly golden on top and a skewer inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out clean.
- Cool in tin for 5 minutes before cooling further on a baking rack.