- 6 English Muffins
- Tomato paste or pizza sauce
- Dried Oregano
- Salt and Pepper (optional)
- Mozzarella or tasty cheese
- Toppings of your choice, some ideas:
- Split your English Muffins to make 12 pizza ‘bases’ from the muffin halves
- Lightly toast your muffin halves
- Spread the toasted halves with pizza sauce and lightly sprinkle with oregano and, if using, salt and pepper
- Cover the muffins with cheese then add your desired toppings
- If serving the muffins immediately, grill for 3- 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted and serve. If putting them in the lunchbox allow them to cool before separating with baking paper and putting in your lunchbox
- If you are making these Pizza Topped English Muffins ahead to freeze for later use, refer to notes.
The great thing about these Pizza Topped English Muffins is that they are super easy to make ahead and freeze for use during the school term. After preparing the muffins, rather than grilling, stack the muffins together with squares of baking paper in between the layers to prevent sticking. To prevent freezer burn, in lots of 4, wrap the muffins in cling film before freezing. Then you can store them flat in a large ziplock bag or container in the freezer and use as required.