Who loves no bake recipes? Well you will just love this No Bake Granola Bar recipe! They are perfect for school lunches as they are nut free and come together in no time at all. These nut free muesli bars stick together perfectly – just follow my tips and tricks with step by step images included in the blog above. They are made from the goodness of oats, seeds and dried fruits and are lower in added sugar. They are dairy free and easily can be made vegan.
- 1 1/2 cups (150g) quick oats
- 1/2 cup (45g) wheat germ
- 1/4 cup (30g) pepitas
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds (25g)
- 1/4 cup (40g) raisins
- 1/4 cup (30g) cranberries
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 100g coconut oil
- 1/4 cup (45g) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- Grease and line a 27.5cm x 17.5cm x 3.5cm slice pan
- In medium bowl combine the oats, wheat germ, seeds, raisins, cranberries, orange zest and cinnamon.
- In a saucepan melt the coconut oil, honey and brown sugar together over a medium heat, stirring gently with a whisk until the sugar has dissolved and the ingredients combine. This will take around three minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer for a further three-five minutes whisking to form a thick caramel syrup.
- Once the caramel syrup has formed, immediately add to the oat mixture and mix quickly until well combined.
- Press the mixture into the prepared slice pan and cool in the fridge for around 4 hours
- One chilled cut into 16 pieces to make granola bars or 32 pieces for bite-sized pieces.
Read the full blog post for step by step pictures and tips for how to make sure the granola bars will hold together.
Keywords: Muesli Bars; No Bake Muesli Bars; Chewy Muesli Bars; Granola Bars; Nut Free Granola Bars; Chewy Granola Bars; No Bake Granola Bars