This refreshing Mango and Cashew Salad with Lime Dressing is perfect for warm summer evenings. You will love this sweet, light and zesty salad. Enjoy it on its own as a healthy work lunch or serve as a perfect accompaniment with grilled chicken or prawns.
For the Mango Cashew Salad
- 50g roasted cashews
- 100g Cos lettuce wash and shredded into bite sized pieces
- 50g Rocket washed
- 1 mango (around 300g) roughly diced
- 100g cucumber roughly chopped
- 25g red onion thinly sliced
- Mint leaves for topping the salad (around 10-15)
For the Lime Dressing
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup packed mint leaves
- 1/4 tsp brown sugar
- juice and zest of one lime
- salt and pepper (optional)
- In a large bowl layer the cos and rocket and top with the cucumber, mango red onions cashews and mint leaves
- In a glass jar add in olive oil, mint leaves, brown sugar, lime juice and zest and salt and pepper (if desired) and blend with an immersion stick blender until smooth and creamy and the mint leaves have been finely chopped and incorporated.
- If you do not have a stick blender, finely chop the mint before adding with the remaining ingredients into a jar with a lid and shake vigorously for a minute of two to combine.
- When ready to serve top the salad with the dressing
Do not dress the salad until you are ready to serve. You can make the dressing ahead of time and store in the fridge until needed.
Keywords: Mango Cashew Salad; Mango Salad; Salads; Kids Salads