These Lemon and Poppy Seed Muffins with Zucchini are delicious. With a yummy veggie twist (that is barely perceptible) they are great in the lunchbox or for snacks. These muffins have a great lemon flavour and are not overly sweet.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 medium zucchini grated (around 125g)
- juice and zest of medium 2 lemons
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 2 cups wholemeal flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- Preheat an oven to 170c and thoroughly grease a medium sized muffin tin.
- Mix together all of the ingredients except the flour and baking powder
- Carefully fold through the flour and baking powder until just combined, ensuring you do not over-mix
- Spoon the mixture evenly between the muffin pans
- Bake for around 15-17 minutes or until the muffin springs back when touched and a skewer inserted into the centre of the muffin comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before turning onto a baking rack and cooling completely
If the zucchini you are using seems overly wet or juicy when you are grating it you may wish to pop the grated zucchini on a clean tea towel and squeeze the liquid out.
Keywords: Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins; Lemon Zucchini Muffins