Packed with fibre, protein and the goodness of fruit AND veggies, these Healthy Breakfast Muffins are a great way to start the day. They are freezer friendly so they are great to prep in bulk for those busy school mornings.
- 150g (one medium) mashed overripe banana
- 1 cup (205g) un-sweetened Greek Yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125ml) low flavoured olive oil
- 1/2 cup (125ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (100g) brown sugar (you can reduce to 1/3 cup for a lower sugar option)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 medium (110g) apple grated
- 1 medium (55g) carrot grated
- 1 1/2 cup (205g) wholemeal (whole wheat) flour (plain, unleavened)
- 1 1/4 cups wheat bran
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat your oven to 180c fan bake and line and grease a medium muffin tray.
- In a large bowl mix together the mashed banana, greek yogurt, olive oil, milk, eggs, brown sugar, vanilla and cinnamon until well combined.
- Stir through the grated apple and carrot until evenly mixed.
- Add in the flour, wheat bran, baking powder and baking soda and mix gently until just combined.
- Spoon into the prepared muffin tin and bake for around 15-18 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out clean and when you press the top of the muffin gently it bounces back.
- Remove from the oven and stand in the muffin tin for 5 minutes before cooling on a wire baking rack. If storing for later cool completely then freeze in a zip lock bag.
Keywords: Apple Banana Carrot Muffins; Breakfast Muffins; Healthy Breakfast Muffins; Healthy Muffins