These delicious easy breakfast pancakes are sure to hit the spot. A fantastic recipe with a protein boost from greek yogurt they are soft, slightly sweet and so more-ish.
- 1 1/2 cups (around 185g) plain white flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup (250ml) of milk
- 1/2 cup (125ml or if weighing around 140g) of greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- up to 1 tbsp olive oil
- On a stove top, pre-heat a non-stick frypan over a very low heat.
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients with a whisk until a smooth batter is formed that has no lumps. If the mixture looks a little thick at this point, add an extra tablespoon of milk and whisk through again.
- Increase the temperature of your hob to a medium-low heat (Note 1) and add a teaspoon or two of olive oil and when heated, add 1/3 cup (80mls) of batter to the centre of the pan. See Note 2.
- Pan fry until a number of bubbles appear on the surface of the pancakes – this will take around 1.5 minutes, the flip the pancake over to fry the bottom side.
- Fry for a further 45 seconds or until golden brown then remove the pancake from the pan and place on a plate.
- Repeat until all the batter has been used, adding a teaspoon of olive oil when the pan begins to get dry and the pancakes feel like they are starting to stick when you turn them. See Note 3.
- Serve with your favourite toppings. Note 4.
- You may need to adjust the heat as you are cooking the pancakes. I get best results over a lower temperature. Too high the pancakes can stick to the pan, too low they can get a little rubbery.
- I like to measure my pancakes with a measuring cup which means the pancakes are a uniform size.
- If you have a larger pancake you can cook multiple pancakes at once which will speed up the process. I just get the best results cooking one at a time in my favourite frypan to make pancakes in.
- There are a list of topping options included in the blog post above.
Keywords: Pancakes, Breakfast Pancakes, Easy Pancakes, Easy Breakfast Pancakes, Greek Yogurt Pancakes.