These Chocolate Muffins with Sweet Potato come together so quickly in this one bowl, simple recipe. The sweet potato adds some extra nutrition to these fun and kid-approved muffins. And with less added sugar than a lot of muffin recipes, you won’t mind popping these freezer friendly muffins in the lunchbox.
- 1 cup (250g) sweet potato roasted, peeled and mashed
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 2 cups self raising plain flour
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Heat your oven to 180c and halve or quarter your sweet potato with its skin on and bake for around 25 minutes or until softened and completely cooked through. Set aside to cool then peel and mash the sweet potato.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 175c and grease and line your muffin tin.
- In a large bowl add in the wet ingredients and the mashed sweet potato and whisk until well combined.
- Add in the cocoa and whisk again making sure there are no lumps of cocoa.
- Add the flour and chocolate chips and gently fold until just combined, taking care not to over-mix.
- Evenly spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin tin and bake for around 15 minutes or until cooked through and a sewer inserted into the centre of the muffins comes out clean.
Keywords: Chocolate Chip Muffins; Chocolate Muffins; Dark Chocolate Muffins; Chocolate Muffins; Chocolate Muffins with Sweet Potato