These chewy Chocolate Chip Muesli Bars are a delicious snack. Your family will love this dairy free, nut free, no bake recipe. These muesli bars are made from oats, wheatgerm, coconut, honey, brown sugar, coconut oil and topped with chocolate chips.
- 125g coconut oil (in solid form)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Grease and line a 27.5cm x 17.5cm x 3.5cm slice pan
- In a saucepan melt the coconut oil, honey and brown sugar together over a medium heat until combined, stirring occasionally and the sugar has dissolved. This will take around three minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer for a further three-five minutes
- Add the honey mixture to the oats, wheat germ and desiccated coconut and mix until well combined.
- Press the mixture into the prepared slice pan and cool in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Remove the slice and sprinkle with the chocolate chips and press them gently into the slice.
- Return to the fridge for around four hours or until form before cutting into 16 pieces for bars or 32 pieces for bites
These must be stored in the fridge and kept cool. So if you are packing for school lunches make sure the lunchbox is packed in an insulated lunch bag.
Keywords: Muesli Bars; No Bake Muesli Bars; Chewy Muesli Bars; Chocolate Chip Muesli Bars