This impressive salad looks as delicious as it tastes! It’s a great mix of sweet, salty and creamy ingredients that comes together so quickly. It’s great for work lunches, as a side with dinner or even to bulk out with wild rice and lamb steak strips.
For the salad
- 300g dutch carrots (or regular carrots) halved lengthways
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- salt and pepper (and extra for seasoning salad)
- 100g (4 large handfuls) spinach and rocket mix
- 110g goats cheese
- 1/4 cup loosely packed chopped mint
- 50g pistachios
- 1 heaped teaspoon finely chopped chives
For the vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- juice and zest of large lemon
- salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 180c fan forced and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Arrange the carrots on the baking tray and drizzle the olive oil and honey over the carrots and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 25 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, prepare the lettuce and herbs. And make the dressing by adding in the dressing ingredients into a small jar with a lid and shaking vigorously to combine.
- When the carrots have just cooked through add the pistachios for two minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- On a large platter, arrange the salad leaves, roasted carrots, goats cheese and mint.
- Sprinkle with the pistachios and chives and season with salt and pepper.
- When you’re ready to serve the salad, dress with the honey lemon vinaigrette.
This salad can be made in advance up to a day before (left undressed). You can also prepare the carrots, pistachios and vinaigrette two-three days in advance.
Keywords: Carrot Salad; Roasted Carrot Salad; Roasted Carrot and Goats Cheese Salad