These delicious nut free Carrot Cake Bliss Balls are moist and delicious and perfect to make for school lunches. These are also dairy free and freeze well.
- 1 cup (90g) rolled oats lightly toasted if desired
- 1/2 cup (60g) sunflower seeds lightly toasted if desired
- 6 (around 75g) pitted Medjool dates
- 150g (around 2 medium size) peeled grated carrots
- 1/4 (around 40g) cup rasins
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Zest of 1/4 of an orange
- Juice of 1/4 of an orange
- Desiccated coconut (for rolling)
- Add all the ingredients into a food processor with the s-blade attachment.
- Process on high for around three minutes or until well combined and the ingredients are chopped quite finely.
- Scoop a tablespoon of the mixture and roll to make a ball in between your hands.
- Roll the ball lightly in the coconut to coat then roll again in your hands so that the coconut sticks to the ball. Repeat to make 15 bliss balls.
- Store the bliss balls in the fridge in an airtight container. These bliss balls also freeze well.
To toast the sunflower seeds and oats, spread out on tray and bake at around 200c for around 4 minutes, stirring every two minutes so they do not burn.