These deliciously simple Super Easy Blueberry and Lemon Scones make a fabulous morning tea or addition to the lunchbox. They come together in no time at all and taste amazing.
- 2 cups self raising flour (plus 1/4-1/2 cup reserved)
- 1 cup lemonade (250ml)
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp cream (150ml)
- 100g blueberries
- zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp milk for brushing
- Preheat your oven to 200c and line a baking tray with baking paper
- In a large bowl mix in all the ingredients except the reserved flour. The mix will be quite sticky.
- On a clean bench, add a thick layer of most of the reserved flour and spoon the mix on top of the flour. Sprinkle some more of the reserved flour over the top of the dough.
- Working with your hands, quickly and lightly knead through the flour so the dough becomes more workable. This should only take a minute or so.
- Shape the dough into a rectangle about 1.5 cm high and cut into even portions with a knife or scone cutter.
- Arrange the scones on the prepared tray and lightly brush each scone with milk.
- Bake the scones for 12-15 minutes on high or until the scones are lightly golden and spring back when pressed lightly
You may notice that the inside of the scones is still a little sticky while cutting, that is fine. You are just wanting the dough to be a consistency that you are able to shape and cut.