This wholesome Blueberry Bran Muffin is fantastic for a fibre-packed start to the day or delicious in the lunchbox as a nourishing baked treat. It is a quick and simple one bowl recipe that is sure to please.
- 1 cup (205g) greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup (125ml) low flavoured olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup (115g) brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup (205g) plain wholemeal (whole wheat) flour
- 1 1/2 cup (105g) wheat bran
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 125g blueberries (halved)
- Preheat your oven to 180c fan force and grease and line a medium capacity muffin tin.
- In a large bowl whisk the wet ingredients and the brown sugar until well combined.
- Add in the flour, wheat bran, the baking powder and baking soda and the cinnamon into the bowl and stir gently to begin to combine. There should still be large streaks of flour and bran
- Add the blueberries and continue to gently mix until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Divide the mixture into the prepared muffin tin and bake for around 15 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the muffin comes out clean.
- Once baked, remove the muffins from the oven and let the muffins stand in the tin for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the tin and cool on a cooling rack. These muffins can be enjoyed warm or cold.
- To store the muffins, cool completely then freeze for two – three months. These muffins can also be kept at room temperature in an airtight for around two days.
Keywords: Blueberry Muffins; Blueberry Bran Muffins; Bran Muffins; Bran Muffin Recipe