These Delicious Berry Ricotta and Cinnamon Muffins are fantastic for a lunchbox snack or flavour-filled morning tea. Light and nut free these will become a firm favourite in no time.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1/2 cup extra virgin low flavoured olive oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup mixed berries
- 2 cups self raising flour
- Preheat your oven to 180c and prepare a medium muffin tin
- In a bowl whisk together the eggs, ricotta, maple syrup, olive oil, vanilla and cinnamon
- Carefully stir through the berries
- Add the flour and carefully fold through, taking care not to over-mix the batter (see note)
- Cook at 175c for 15 minutes or until lightly golden and a skewer inserted comes out clean
- Cool slightly in the tin before transferring onto a wire baking rack
If the mix appears a little dry (some ricotta brands are wetter than others) use around a 1/4 cup of milk to thin the mixture a little.