These healthier Beef Nachos are the perfect family friendly meal. Quick and simple to prepare and loaded with vegetables these nachos are so tasty! They can even be prepared in advance for an even quicker to table meal.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small brown onion finely diced
- 1 large carrot (100g) grated
- 1/2 large red capsicum (75g) diced
- 500g beef mince
- 400g can pinto beans rinsed and drained
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 small pinch cinnamon
- 2 tbsp tomato pasta
- 1 cup passata
- ground black pepper
- Prepare the vegetables and heat the oil over medium low heat in a large frying pan.
- Add the onion, carrot and capsicum to the preheated pan and sauté for around 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, drain and rinse the pinto beans and set aside.
- Add the beef mince and with a wooden spoon break apart the mince to your desired consistency, mix through the sautéed vegetables and lightly brown. This will take a further 5 minutes.
- Add in the pinto beans and mix through then add the oregano, spices, salt and garlic. Cook for 30 seconds – one minute to develop the flavour of the herbs and spices.
- Mix through the tomato paste and passata and gently simmer for a further 5 minutes over medium – low heat stirring occasionally.
- Serve with corn chips and your desired toppings.
Keywords: Beef Nachos; Beef Nacho Recipe; Beef and Vegetables Nachos; Beef Mince Nachos