These delicious Banana Zucchini Muffins are a great way to get some extra nutrition into lunchbox baking. Light and quick to come together, these are freezer friendly and make fantastic snacks.
- 1 overripe banana
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup low flavoured extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 small zucchini (around 100g)
- 2 cups self raising flour
- Preheat your oven to 180c and grease your muffin tin, using liners if you prefer
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the banana and add in the egg, honey, yogurt, olive oil and vanilla bean paste and whisk until smooth
- Grate the zucchini and stir into the mixture
- Add the flour and fold in, if the mix seems to dry you can add in some milk
- Add the muffins to the tin and bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly golden and a skewer inserted comes out clean
- Cool slightly in the tin before transferring onto a wire baking rack.
- You do not need to squeeze out the excess juice from the zucchini as this will help keep the muffins moist.
- To make this recipe baby led feeding friendly you could omit the honey and add an additional mashed banana. Remember no honey for children under one.