These Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins are delicious. Full of goodness and lower in added sugar, these muffins are full flavour and the perfect breakfast or snack.
- 2 over-ripe bananas (300g) mashed thoroughly
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups plain wholemeal flour
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Grease and line your muffin tin and preheat the oven to 175c.
- Whisk together the wet ingredients and the cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Stir through the flour, baking powder and baking soda along with the chocolate chips and stir until just combined, taking care not to over-mix.
- Bake for around 15 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the muffin comes out clean.
- Cool in the muffin tin for 5 minutes before removing from the tin and cooling on a wire rack.
Keywords: Muffins; Banana Muffins; Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins; Banana Oat Muffins