This nut and egg free Apple & Raspberry Breakfast Oat Slice is a delicious, wholesome way to start the day. It is also perfect for lunchboxes or snacks. Delicately fragranced with lemon this Apple & Raspberry Breakfast Oat Slice is just so easy to make.
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup self raising wholemeal flour
- zest of 1 lemon
- 100g butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 grated apples
- 50g raspberries
- Preheat your oven to 180c and grease and line a 17.5×22.5cm slice pan with baking paper
- Over a medium low heat melt together the honey and butter
- In a large bowl mix together the oats and flour and lemon zest
- Add the grated apple and stir though with the melted butter and honey until combined
- Stir through the raspberries and press the mixture into the slice pan
- Bake at 180c for around 25 minutes or until lightly golden and the top bounces back when pressed lightly
- When the slice is cool, cut into 15 pieces.