These delicious Apple Oat Cookies have no added sugar and are sweetened only with fruit, they are deliciously wholesome and totally kid approved. These Apple Oat Cookies are nut and dairy free and they are fantastic for school lunches. They are also great for baby led weaning (9 months plus) as they are soft and full of goodness.
- 1/2 cup sultanas (80g)
- 1 ripe banana (150g)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup extra virgin low flavour olive oil (125ml)
- 1 1/2 cups of quick oats (140g)
- 1/2 cup of plain wholemeal flour (60g)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 small apples, peeled and finely diced (200g)
- Preheat your oven to 180c fan forced and line a tray with baking paper
- Soak the sultanas by putting them in a small bowl and covering with boiling water and set aside while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- In a large bowl whisk together the mashed banana, egg and oil until well combined.
- Then add in the dry ingredients and the diced apple and soaked, drained sultanas and mix until well combined.
- Next, spoon generous tablespoons of the mixture onto the tray and with wet hands shape the mixture into cookies. The mix will be sticky so keep your hands wet while shaping the cookies.
- Bake the Apple Oat Cookies for around 12 – 14 minutes or until the cookie is lightly golden and the mixture bounces back when touched lightly and cool on a wire rack.
Keywords: Apple Oat Cookies; Apple Cookies; Cookies; Baby Cookies; Sugar Free Apple Cookies