These nut free Apple Sunflower Muesli Bars are just delicious. They are lower in added sugar than most muesli bars and have a delicious chewy texture. These apple oat bars are a no bake recipe and when you master a few tricks they’re simple and easy to prepare.
- 1 1/2 cup (140g) quick oats
- 1/2 cup (50g)wheat germ
- 1/2 cup (75g) packed dried apple finely diced
- 1/3 cup (50g) sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 100g coconut oil in solid state
- 1/4 cup (50g) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) honey
- Grease and line a 27.5cm x 17.5cm x 3.5cm slice pan
- In a medium sized bowl add the oats, wheat germ, dried apple, sunflower seeds and cinnamon and stir well to combine, make a slight well in the centre of the mixture.
- In a small saucepan melt coconut oil, honey and brown sugar together over a medium heat until combined, stirring while the sugar dissolves. This will take around two-three minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer for a further three-five minutes stirring gently until a thick syrup forms. Be patient with this step.
- Add the honey sugar syrup to the well made in the oat mixture and quickly mix through until well combined.
- Put the mixture into the prepared slice pan and press firmly with the back of a spatula, ensuring the mix is spread evenly and it is firmly packed.
- Chill in the fridge for around four hours or until set then cut into 16 pieces for bars or 32 pieces for bites.
Store these Apple Muesli Bars in the fridge or freezer. When sending to school make sure they are packed in an insulated lunchbox.
Keywords: Muesli Bars; Apple Oat Bars; Apple Muesli Bars; Nut Free Muesli Bars; Nut Free Apple Muesli Bars; No Bake Muesli Bars; No Bake Bars