Delicious protein packed Apple Blueberry Pancakes are fantastic for breakfast, snacks or in the lunchbox.
- 1 cup of plain flour
- 1/2 cup of wholemeal flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup of greek yogurt (no added sugars)
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 apple, peeled and grated
- 1/3 cup of blueberries (halved if they are large berries)
- oil of choice
- In a large bowl mix together all of the ingredients except the blueberries to form a batter
- Fold the berries through the mixture
- Lightly oil a pan over a medium-low heat and when heated, add spoonfuls of the mixture to the pan.
- When bubbles begin to form, flip the pancakes carefully and cook through.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 until you have used all your batter, keeping the pan lightly greased to ensure the pancakes do not stick
- Serve with fruit and enjoy!
These pancakes need to be cooked over a reasonably low heat to ensure that they cook through without the outsides over cooking. I freeze batches or leftovers in freezer bags to make a quick breakfast mid-week or for lunchboxes. Use within two months if freezing.