You will love these Nut Free Apricot and Chia Muesli Bars. They are a delicious dairy and egg free lunchbox snack. This recipe does not require baking and comes together quickly. These muesli bars store well in the fridge or freezer.
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats (140g)
- 1/2 cup wheat germ (60g)
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut (25g)
- 1/3 cup finely diced apricots (75g)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 125g coconut oil
- 1/3 cup honey (80ml)
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar (60g)
- Grease and line a 27.5cm x 17.5cm x 3.5cm slice pan and in a bowl add the oats, wheat germ, desiccated coconut, apricots and chia seeds and stir to combine.
- In a saucepan melt the coconut oil, honey and brown sugar together over a medium heat until combined, stirring while the sugar dissolves. This will take around three minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer for a further five or so minutes stirring gently until a thick syrup forms. Be patient with this step.
- Add the honey mixture to the oat mixture and quickly mix until well combined.
- Press the mixture into the prepared slice pan with the back of a spatula or fish slice and ensure the mix is spread evenly and it is very compact.
- Place in the fridge for around four hours or until form before cutting into 16 pieces for bars or 32 pieces for bites.
These Apricot and Chia Muesli Bars need to be keep cold. Store these in the fridge or freezer and when sending to school make sure they are packed in a well insulated lunchboxes.
Keywords: Apricot Chia Muesli Bars; Nut Free Apricot Chia Muesli Bars; No Bake Apricot Chia Muesli Bars; Homemade Apricot Chia Muesli Bars; Muesli Bars; Granola Bars