We have sort of got into a bit of a routine with our weekends. Husband will take the kids out in the morning to the park or for a scoot while I test recipes and work on my blog. When I first made these delicious Sugar Free Apple Oat Cookies the family arrived home to these still warm from the oven, the house fragrant with apple and spice, and they proceeded to enjoy all of the Apple Oat Cookies in a single sitting. I may have had two or three. For official work purposes obviously.
I know why they adored these so much. They are absolutely bursting with flavour – every mouthful has bits of apple and cinnamon. They are truly a taste sensation. But I think the best thing about these cookies is that they are sweetened only with fruit. So these Apple Oat Cookies really are a perfect addition to the lunchbox.
Have you tried Apple Oat Cookies before? If you have you will love the switch to these Sugar Free Apple Oat Cookies. Don’t you just love recipes that are sweetened only with fruit? I love me some sugar-free baking. But don’t think that these cookies are tasteless. Na-ah there is so much flavour in these cookies.
And there are is A LOT of fruit in these cookies. Banana, apple and sultanas sweeten these delightful cookies and, honestly, I just could not get enough. And I can’t wait to get these into school lunches this week! Want other kid friendly cookies for school lunches? Check out my Carrot Oat Cookies. Or are you looking for more apple based recipes? Try these amazing allergy friendly Apple Cinnamon Muffins.
Sugar Free Apple Oat Cookies
Yield 18 cookies
These Sugar Free Apple Oat Cookies are sweetened only with fruit, they are deliciously wholesome and totally kid approved. These Sugar Free Apple Oat Cookies are nut and dairy free and they are fantastic for school lunches. They are also great for baby led weaning (9 months plus) as they are soft and full of goodness.
- 1 1/2 cups of quick oats
- 1/2 cup of plain wholemeal flour
- 2 small apples
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup extra virgin low flavour olive oil
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- Preheat your oven to 180c and line a tray with baking paper
- Soak the sultanas by putting them in a small bowl and covering with boiling water
- Peel and finely dice the apples
- In a large bowl mix together the dry ingredients and the diced apple
- In a smaller bowl mash the ripe banana and stir in the egg and oil until combined
- Drain the water from the sultanas and mix them into the dry ingredients
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together
- Spoon generous tablespoons of the mix onto the tray and with two spoons shape each portion of the mixture into cookie shaped circles, the mix will be quite sticky
- Bake for around 12 - 14 minutes or until the cookie is lightly golden and the mixture bounces back when touched lightly
- Soaking the sultanas will help them stay plump and moist while baking.
- The following nutrition information is an estimate only calculated from an online calculator for food bloggers.
Serving Size 1 Cookie
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 10.3 mg
Sodium 5.2 mg
Total Carbohydrates 14.4 g
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
Sugars 5 g
Protein 1.9 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
As always, if you make these come get social with me. Take a pic and tag me in on Instagram or Facebook. Also if you would be so kind as to rate these cookies here on my blog if you do bake them, I would really appreciate it!