These delicious and adaptable Roasted Vegetable Pita Pockets with Basil Pesto are great for dinner or work lunches.
- 1 medium zucchinis sliced
- 1/2 medium sweet potato diced
- 1 red capsicum diced
- 1/2 red onion cut into small wedges
- 100g cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 150g mushrooms sliced
- 1 tbsp oil
- 3 cloves garlic unpeeled sliced in half
- Dried Oregano
- Salt and Pepper
- Basil Pesto
- Pita Pockets
- Preheat the oven to 200c and line a roasting tray with baking paper
- Prepare the vegetables and place on the roasting tray, drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with oregano and salt and pepper
- Roast for 15-20 minutes until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, prepare the pita pockets as per the instructions and spread with pesto and add a slice or two of brie to each pocket.
- Once the vegetables are ready, cool slightly then add to a prepared pita pocket.
You may wish to remove the garlic and discard the peel and eat the garlic or you may wish to discard.
This recipe is really adaptable. I have served the vegetables as a side dish. Another option is to stir through rissoni.