These Healthy Chocolate Brownies are a healthier take on a chocolate brownie. They have lower sugar than a traditional brownie and are made with wholemeal flour and has zucchini added for a nutritious boost.
- 125g butter melted
- 100g (one large) extra ripe banana mashed
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sifted cocoa
- 100g (1 medium) grated zucchini
- 1/3 cup (50g) dark chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cup (150g) wholemeal flour
- 1/4 tsp of baking powder
- Preheat your oven to 175c and grease and line a 27.5cm x 17.5cm x 3.5cm slice pan
- Melt the butter in the microwave and allow to cool slightly
- In a large bowl mash the banana until it forms a smooth paste with no lumps
- Add in the butter, maple syrup, vanilla and eggs and whisk thoroughly together
- Add the sifted cocoa into the bowl and whisk the mixture thoroughly to combine
- Mix in the zucchini and chocolate chips and then fold through the flour and baking powder until just combined
- Spread into the prepared slice pan and bake at 175c for around 15 minutes or until the brownie is just cooked through and the top bounces back when lightly touched and a skewer inserted comes out mostly clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan before removing and cutting into portions.