These Carrot Cheddar and Poppy Seed Crackers are crisp and delicious. A perfect kid-friendly way to get some extra nutrients in little tummies.
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats
- 1 grated carrot
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 100g butter
- In a food processor with the S blade attachment, add all of the ingredients and process until mixture becomes a breadcrumb consistency
- Slowly add up to 3 tablespoons of water while the processor is running so the mixture balls around the blade
- When the dough is ready, turn onto a floured board or bench (or directly on to baking paper which is a lot easier) and roll out in a rectangle to around .25cm thick.
- Carefully lay on baking paper and lay flat in the fridge for at least 30 minutes and pre-heat your oven to 180c
- When the dough has chilled use cookie cutters to cut out your desired shapes or a pizza cutter to easily cut your crackers into squares.
- Bake the shapes in the oven for around 10-12 minutes until golden brown. The time indicated is entirely dependent on the shape sizes and how thin your dough is rolled so keep a close eye on your shapes. I like these to be a bit darker so they are crisper.
- Turn on to a wire rack to cool
These crackers store well in the freezer for two to three months. After baking, cool on a wire baking rack then pop into a ziplock bag to freeze.